Biohazard Cabinets are self-contained laboratory enclosures that provide protection for personnel, the environment and/or products in work with hazardous microorganisms. Cabinets provide protection by creating an air barrier at the work opening and by HEPA filtration of exhaust air. Class I cabinets protect personnel and the environment, however Class II laminar flow cabinets protect personnel, the environment and products.
Why test Biological Safety Cabinets?
Exposure to aerosols that are produced from common laboratory procedures are responsible for many of the infections acquired in microbiological laboratories. Testing is essential to ensure that the cabinets are working correctly to prevent the liberation of microorganisms and other biologically hazardous material from the laboratory into the environment.
Typical tests performed to certify a Biological Safety Cabinet:
- Airflow velocity test
- Inflow velocity test (Class I)
- HEPA filter leak test
- UV light level test
- Air barrier containment
- Induced leakage
Why use AG&G Services Pty Ltd?
- AG&G Services Pty Ltd issues a fully documented test report and Certificate of Compliance that includes details of the test procedures and equipment (and its calibration reference) used, analysis of test data and the nature of any repairs and/or adjustments made to the equipment.
- Where appropriate we also report any recommendations we may have for future action.
- Any replacement parts installed during the testing process are selected to be at least equivalent to those specified for the original installation.
- We can help design a maintenance and test program specifically designed to ensure that your equipment operates efficiently and safely.
- AG&G Services Pty Ltd is a quality assured company with 5 NATA signatories.